zondag 9 september 2012

Shhhhh, this is our little secret, ok?

Whew, it's been a while since I posted. Not that I've been sitting on my hands or anything, but school has started again and let me say: it's a tough job this year! 
It'll get better as the year continues, but for now it's very straining. Lots of problems, more kids in a classroom, kids' work ethics below zero. So when I come home, I'm really tired! 

Even though I was very tired, my fingers kept itching, the papers and embellishments were calling. To make it even more difficult to ignore, Bo Bunny put up a card challenge that was too good to pass up on.
My best friend's birthday is this week, so I made a card for her, inspired by the sketch that was given.


And this is what I made of it.


My best friend isn't a girly-girl, but loves pink nonetheless. A good enough reason to pull out my Little Miss collection.
The cut-outs had one shape with the bird cages that I wanted to use. Instead of a paper circle, I used a doily that I sprayed with Dylusions ink first, pink & green. 




The big pink flower I sprayed with Dylusions ink as well, brown this time. I did the same with the felt banner under the flowers. It used to be white, now it's brown. The bird cage on the left top of the flower is stamped on one of the Bo Bunny Little Miss papers and fussy cut.
 
 I created the green swirls with embossing powders, drawing them with a Versamark pen first. 
A bit of glitter to give it all a sparkle and, taa-daaaaa! It's done!

Now, shhhhhh, don't tell her it's for her. Keep it a secret, ok?

Thanks for looking!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. This is so pretty. I love all your details. Your friend is going to LOVE her card. Thanks so much for joining us at Bo Bunny.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen