vrijdag 20 juli 2012

Soft Kitty & Summer Sun

Last year when we visited my parents in law, we visited a Zoo nearby. The Zoo had a playground attached so it was perfect for all of us. 
I already made a mini-album with pictures of Duncan with his grandfather (check out the blog "Edgy Edges"). However, I still had the pictures I took of the animals.

All I had to do was take out Bo Bunny's Zoology and get to work. 
The title is a song from the Big Bang Theory, a series my Beloved and I enjoy a lot. All in all, a jaguar is still a "kitty", right?


This paper is great! See the jaguars shining through? 
 

Here I used a Trinket, mounted it on a tiny piece of jaguar paper, mounted on
a piece of ric-rac, mounted on a piece of paper. That took 
a lot of time and patience (not my strongest suit) and sticky fingers :-)
 

The chipboard letters have been treated with distress ink and crackle paint. 
I also sprinkled a bit of glitter over them. 
The other letters are mounted on pieces of cardstock treated with distress ink. 
Some letters are stickers, others are rub-ons, the long pieces are by my own hand.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Once finished with a lot of animal lay outs, I wanted something sunny. Last Sunday we went to Sea Life in Scheveningen and discovered it was right along the beach! A perfect opportunity to do a photoshoot on the beach with my two favourite subjects: Morgan & Duncan. 
We walked up to the sea and let the waves touch our toes. To Duncan it was a bit more, as the waves sloshed up to his rolled up jeans. He didn't mind, he was proud to be touched by the sea.
The kids enjoyed the sand, Morgan bent over to pick up every shell (however small!) she saw. Duncan busied himself throwing seaweed back into the sea and tossing sand around. 

A photographer told me once that he makes kids say "appeltaaaaaart" (applepieieieieie!) to make the mouth go into a natural smile. "Smeerkaaaaaaas!" (cream cheese) also works. 
So that's what I make our kids say as well. Good thing, but lately Duncan starts saying "appeltaart" whenever he sees me picking up the camera! That's a bit of a backfire :-).

This shot was great though! 


I grabbed an older collection of Bo Bunny, Hello Sunshine. 
It came in a Power Pack some months ago
so I don't have the whole collection. 
But there was enough of it to make a sunny page.
 

Fussy cutting, yay!!! 
I fussy cut the flowers and added a banner. 


I sprayed water on the blue page to make it rip more easily. 
The chipboard swirl used to be grey. Stamping ink solved that nicely.
 
  
Morgan loved the tiny butterfly! 
The flowers used to be white, but I coloured them 
with stamping ink to make them fit the page.

Thank you for looking!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Carin, I love your style. You always make me smile. Thanks for playing in our challenge.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks so much! I appreciate your checking out my blog, I feel honored.

      Verwijderen