zaterdag 16 juni 2012

Pretty Girl

  Cricut Expression? Big Shot? Silhouette? Slice? Oh... if only! All of those are financially way out of my league, but I do so want one. Letters, swirls, I could do so much with it. 

  So I asked around what would be the wise move: a cutting machine, or a die cutter? Lots of opinions, good advice. In the midst of it, I thought: but I already have a machine. I have a Sizzix Sidekick. It's a small one, and I only have few dies, can't I do more with it?
It turns out: I CAN! Other brands are compatible, hurray!!!
Renewed happiness with my old machine. My wish for a cutting machine will still be there in a few years, it'll keep. Until then, my Sidekick will be what it is named: a Sidekick.

  This week I got Morgan's school pictures. Like last year, they were great and she looked fantastic. Time to find the Perfect Paper to scrap them. Searching through the stash of my favourite brand, I found nothing that went with that picture.

  No worries, today Morgan and I went off to Scrap4Fun to find the Perfect Paper. It's always good to be there, so many like-minded people with good ideas. Vera (the owner) helped me find the Perfect Paper, and we ended up with Prima Marketing. Nothing I'd ever used before, unknown territory. Should be fun!


  I also bought some new dies for my machine, 2 alphabets by Tim Holtz. Yay!


  During Duncan's nap, I got to work. I'm quite happy with how it turned out.


The flowers got an inked edge to match them with the rest of the edges. Then they got a bit of glitter glue to make them sparkle.


The letters I made with my new die cuts, Vintage Market by Tim Holtz. Then I inked them with distress ink, gave them a layer of Glossy Accents glue and sprinkled some glitter over them. 


The bit of lace used to be off-white, but didn't go with the rest of the colors. Nothing a little distress ink can't fix. So now it's green lace.
 

Morgan hasn't seen the result yet, but she picked most of the papers. She loved the dancing girl on it. 
I think she'll be happy with what she sees in the morning.

Thank you for looking!
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten